decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring, Spring, Beautiful Spring

Bird on the wing.
Bird on the wing? Absurd!
I thought the wing was on the bird!

Am I the only one who remembers this rhyme? Every time I hear the word "spring", it comes to mind. The very first time I heard it was from a "brainiac" that was the brother of a friend of mine. I remember all of his friends laughing and thinking it was so funny. I remember my friend and and the rest of our group laughing also so the older boys would think we were cool. Then, we had to run to one of our moms and have it explained to us because we didn't know what "bird on the wing" meant....but, I digress.

Thought I would show you a few more of the pictures from my living room before heading back out and painting myself - I mean my pool furniture - although I'm not sure which of us has the better coverage! My coffee table holds another of my vintage bunnies. I got him at Shannon Roth. I used a downloaded vintage postcard - as I am often wont to do - to finish it off.


The egg wreath was a birthday gift from my brother and sister-in-law a few years ago. I love it because the eggs are very mellow and it hints at vintage and works well with all of this stuff. The lantern holds a "foil wrapped" bunny that my youngest daughter gave us all a few years ago. He reminds me of chocolate bunnies I got as a child.


This vignette is more "springy" than Easter. I just moved the cages in here and added my stone saucer raised on a stone pedestal holding a plaster bunny I bought so many years ago at a store in Gainesville called The Country Sampler. I loved that store but like so many others, it is now gone. This bunny will move into the middle of one of my pots of real grass when it has grown (the grass, not the bunny) and will be on the Easter breakfast table surrounded with all of the beautiful eggs the kids will color. We do the same thing every year but it is tradition and the eggs just look so pretty nestled in the grass!


This little guy always sits on the blanket chest. Many years ago when my now son-in-law was just dating daughter #2, this bunny showed up at my door step on Easter morning. He was sitting in a basket which I'm sure must have been filled with goodies of the chocolate persuasion. Todd had delivered it while we were at church along with a beautiful gift basket for my daughter. That could have been when he won my heart as well as my daughter's although I now suspect that his mom must have had a hand in the gift for me. In any case, that bunny comes out every year and recently I have been good enough to find him a lovely lettuce and some carrots for him to nibble on! He really is one of my treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment