decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seeking "Greener" Pastures

Leaving you with a few more "green" images for the season. The sign above sits on the top of the corner cupboard in the living room.

Here is my Southern Living door basket. This is what you will see when you approach my door any time of the year except Christmas - when the traditional wreath takes its place. I just picked up that small frame at Michaels for 50 cents and filled it with the word "welcome" - which I know you can't see - and a small shamrock I had on hand.

One of the MANY subway art downloads floating around blogland these days. If you could see my St. Pat's file, you would see that I have probably downloaded EVERY one of them. Never know when someone may just need a St. Pat's Day subway art image and I want to be sure I am ready!


I love tags on my apothecary jars and such and made the ones above last year. You can hang a seasonal tag on almost anything and turn it into an instant decoration and since I don't have a lot of time to make cards these days, it helps to justify all of the supplies I "just had to" buy and never use any more!

This image should have been included in my St. Pat's craft post but I forgot it. It was quite simply made out of an extra piece of 2x4 I had already cut and painted for another project. I embellished it a bit, added a wire twist and use it as a picture holder.

A simple wreath that I bought at Michaels a few years ago and embellished with a St. Pat's ornament I found at "The Shop" in Micanopy.

And there you have it. I really love everything about this holiday. Maybe it IS my Irish heritage or maybe it is just the fact that this holiday comes at a time when everything around us is just beginning to burst back to life and the feeling of renewal just becomes contagious. I don't know but I am going to stop analyzing the "why" and just begin to enjoy the "doing". I will be back soon but rest assured that I have begun "celebrating" and will enjoy every minute of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment