decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 29, 2024

Update

 Just a quick update on my ornaments. I think I told you I have never used these wood discs before. Now that I have, I will be ready next time. I had no idea there was such a difference in sizes in each bag. If I had, I would have tried to peek in the bags a bit before I bought them. There is also a big difference in how much bark is on each piece. Of course you must know that these variations drove me crazy as that meant that I had to do each Santa just a little differently. Most are OK but there are a few that are not my favorites.

As I said, I set up an assembly line and first did the face and then the hats.


Then I went on to the cheeks and noses before adding all of the white. Since the white was so different on each one, I had areas that I just couldn't get right so I decided to mix some white paint with baking soda and corn starch and see if I couldn't add some texture to the beard. That worked out pretty well and I'm just having to accept the fact that they're all different. I also decided not to use the small silvery pompom and went with a medium sized white pompom instead.


And here is where we are. I'm definitely anxious to get the holly and the bows and finally see what they will look like all finished...but, I have the dogs coming for a week again and then some family coming into town for a long awaited family reunion with grandson #1 as he returns for a very short visit from his first year away at school. Since he is in a military academy, he doesn't get the summer off as most college students do so he has been first in Texas for five weeks and then sailing in the Atlantic aboard the Coast Guard ship, The Eagle. He will be joining his family on their annual family vacation and then coming home for just two days before he flies back to Connecticut to begin football practice and then classes. I haven't seen him since I went to a game back in November so I am getting very excited. 

I'll be back to share if anything fun happens along the way. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment