decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho

 Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, a shopping I did go! Today was the day. I definitely needed a Publix run so I thought while I was out, I would swing by the $TreePlus and HL. I should know better than to be near these places this time of the year knowing how I am chomping at the bit to move the seasons along...and, of course, today was no exception. I will say that the $TreePlus still didn't have much fall out so I was pretty safe in there but, HL, oh my!!! I definitely had to curb myself in the floral section. Even at 40% off, the really nice stems are still expensive so I am going to wait until I actually get everything out to see if I truly "need" any more.

In any case, here is my haul.


I grabbed the tray at the $TreePlus for $5. It is actually quite well made although I won't be using it as a tray but rather as a decor piece for Thanksgiving. The colors are mostly the muted colors of autumn and the tray itself is a beautiful green so I know I won't have any trouble finding a place for it. And, it actually has some presence.

I also picked up a few things to maybe use for Christmas ornaments this year-fingers crossed.

And then, while I saw it-and it was on sale-I grabbed orange pip berries, candle rings, some pretty muted autumnal colored velvet ribbons, autumn spatulas, a bit more lamb's ear for the autumn mantle, some flowers and leaves to decorate the candle holder and some small black candle holders. I'm not sure what I will do with them just yet but they always come in handy to raise something up on a shelf.

And then we have this.


I saw a blogger make a candle holder out of this wooden pumpkin. I loved the way it turned out but I wasn't crazy about how she did it so I think I might have come up with a better idea-stay tuned and we'll see.

And then of course I had to grab this.

And, because I already have so many cutting boards and don't really need this to stay safe for use, I grabbed a few markers and did this.


I love the little bit of interest it adds.

My oldest grand daughter-who is a teacher-asked me to send her some cute photos of her from age 0 to 2. It seems her administrators have asked for them and I'm guessing they are going to do the same thing my daughter's team did when she was teaching which is to post the teacher's baby pictures and see if the students can tell who they are. It's really fun and a good way for students to get to know the teachers for the start of a new school year. I'm off to find the cutest and send them to her. Then it will just be a matter of putting everything I pull out away before I can call it a day.

I think I'll be back tomorrow with pictures if I get that pumpkin candle holder figured out. And then on Saturday I am off to daughter #3's house where grand daughter #5 is in her friend's "quinceanera" party. The girls will all be coming over to do each others hair and make-up before getting dressed for the occasion. I'm excited to get to join in the fun. I'll be sure and take pictures and you know I'll be back to share those too. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment