decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Desperate Times...

 Desperate times call for desperate measures! I am back and in pretty much the same situation I was in yesterday. My grand dogs are still here, so no cleaning-although I did get the sheets on my bed changed. It is beyond HOT outside so I don't even feel safe having the dogs out there too long. Everyone else is still out of town so my house is quiet and I am still looking for things to do. And, things to do with stuff I already have because I don't want to have to leave the dogs home alone while I run off.

And so...I did go ahead and put together another pallet sign. I found the image somewhere while I was just scrolling and since I use red geraniums in a lot of my 4th of July decor, I somehow saw this as a 4th craft. I thought maybe I could add a "messy" 4th of July bow which is made out of strips of ripped fabric and ribbon and even a small U.S. flag but, by the time I found the right pieces of wood and cut them down to make a pallet, I realized that I would not have the extra space I would need to do what I had envisioned. I thought about painting in my own blue hydrangeas but that wasn't going to work. In the end, I simply distressed the image with some blue and left the pallet the weathered color it was after so many years out in the elements.

(




It is definitely not the project I had envisioned but I like the image so I'm OK with it. It might not be a project I would have ever done any other time but desperate times.....Lol  At least it kept me busy for awhile and I got to use my saw again-this time I was even able to "rip" the wood to get just the size I needed.

And that brings us to today and the only project I could come up with. I just can't handle another sign but, since I do use wreaths a lot, a small hanging sign could always be added to one of them or even to an arrangement of some sort. And so, I found a small sunflower image that would fit perfectly in either of these cases and for which I had just the perfect sized piece of wood and, using all of the same techniques that I always use, I whipped up this little cutie.



 I found my old copper metal basket that I used to hang on my front door until the ginormous tree frogs decided to make it their home and hop on to me every time I went out the door. I'm thinking that I will try to find a place inside for it now and I can always do something just as simple as this-although I would probably use a lot more flowers but, you get the idea.



I guess I'm off to clean up the craft supplies and then I think I will call it a day and put my feet up and just enjoy the rest of the weekend before Monday arrives all too soon. Now I truly don't have any more ideas...maybe it's time to look forward to autumn. Lol This is the one time of the year that I don't mind wishing my life away! Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment