decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 25, 2018

Thinking Ahead

As I have done in the past, I'm starting to get my ducks in a row for Halloween gifts and crafts. Since I am NOT a summer person and pretty much prefer to stay around my house and yard during the "dog days" and, since I want all of the free time I can have in the autumn to just ENJOY, I like to get some of this stuff done in June, July and August. I have started looking and here is what I have come up with. Was there ever a doubt that one of the ideas would be a burlap door hanger? I am hooked on this "new to me" craft. I am pretty sure I will go with a witch's hat...maybe a shoe. I like parts of each of these so my design will be some kind of a compilation.

Just in case you don't want to make your own door hanger and you see one of these you like, I have posted the source when I could find it.

I love the shape of this one...in fact, the more I look at it, the more I like it all! It is actually done on metal screening and is available from abossard-etsy store.


This one comes from etsy at Nancy'sDoorDecor.


I am also leaning to the simplicity of this one from the etsy store at swirleeburlee.


This source is pretty obvious. I like the dangling spider.


I think I like the big dots on this one if I go for the shoes.It is actually painted on wood and is a tutorial from DecoArt.com.


You know I love the traditional orange and black. This one is at the etsy store of samthecrafter.


I don't know-this shoe has "attitude" and for some reason it speaks to me. It is from chellebellescreations.


And I found this guy...we shall see. He was from James Goodwin but was sold out the last time I checked. I think he would be fun to replicate and a lot of the supplies could probably come from the Dollar Store.


I'm not finished looking just yet but this is a good start. I keep looking for some NEW ideas but apparently I am the only one thinking about Halloween just yet...does that surprise you as much as it does me? Lol. Stay tuned.

P.S. Spoiler alert. I just realized that even though these are large, if I started with black burlap and just gave them a coat of black, satin spray paint, the actual painting of the details would be so much less than usual on one of these door hangers. I may end up making a bunch and using these for my Halloween gifts. Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment