decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Alpha and Omega

It is one of those days. The rains are coming-and probably will be for the rest of the week-and I am once again having so many mixed feelings. I LOVE a good rainy day week as much as the next guy BUT, only when I have my projects in line! Now don't get me wrong, there are MANY, MANY things that could be done inside this house. But, again, I am weird in that way-and, apparently, many others as well. Lol I can only do things when they are in my "mental" calendar. Very seldom can I talk myself into doing something if it doesn't "feel right for that day or time". Does anybody else "get" that?

And so, I am aching to start my Halloween burlap projects. Except, I haven't gotten the supplies yet. I was going to run to Michaels-who, by the way-is having a really good sale just today and tomorrow-but the rains are really coming down and between my eyes and the traffic out on State Road 200, I am just not doing that today!

And so, I thought of what my next project could be. I really wanted to get out into the gardens and get rid of some of those pesky weeds that are once again appearing...but, guess that's not happening today either. I did grab an umbrella and head out to pick the small bouquet of fresh gardenias still coming my way. I am sad to see the end of the gardenia harvests for this year but more than happy to see the beginning of the beautiful hydrangeas!



And so, as I walked around pondering whether I wanted to do a movie marathon or not today, I realized that I have a lot of errands to take care of later in the week and then grand daughters #1 & 3 coming next weekend...and, since we WILL hit June 1 this week, I could very well get started on my 4th of July decor. It is a bit early-even for me-but I don't think the decor police will be paying me a visit any time soon...and, it IS my house and nobody else has to see it if they don't want...and so, off I go. Hopefully the excitement of that will brighten this VERY dreary day. Stay tuned.

And so it begins!



P.S. I did have a super fun surprise yesterday. Daughter #3 and her whole family called to see if they could bring over food and have a "game day" at my house. Are you kidding?! Couldn't think of anything I would love more! And so, we had many, many laughs and fun times-many new memories were made! I always marvel at how something so simple and impromptu could produce as many cherished moments as "events that we plan, cook, clean and shop for can! It truly is the little things!

P.P.S. I did pick up 3 of these beauties (currently sitting out in the rain waiting to be planted in the porch urns) the other day as well. I kind of like my plants on the front porch to match the theme if possible. As I was in Lowes looking for new plants, I saw exactly what I was looking for-some vinca pots of individual colors but the price was high because they were in plastic, decorative pots that I wouldn't have used...so, those got put back down. Then, I saw the same plants in small, individual packages for $2.98 each...much better and I thought I might be able to get away with just 6 of these smaller plants...so, about $18. But then, I looked up and hanging on a special display were baskets full of all three colors (red, white and blue of course) and, at least 6 plants per pot. The best part-wait for it...they were on sale for $5 each!!! Yes please, jump in my cart!! So glad I looked up because until then, I thought I was pretty smart to find the small plants. Lol


P.P.P.S. Why does JUST THE SIGHT of these colors make my heart skip a beat?? I'm ALREADY wishing away summer!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment