decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Four Days and Counting!

Yep! Four days so far and I am still not done decorating for Christmas...and, when last I posted, I had help and was smugly thinking how far ahead of the game I was this year!

I truly think I just don't work as quickly as I did when I was younger-nor do I work as many hours in a day...seems as if there is always something else I need to be doing as well.

I have almost all of the public rooms done. I still like to decorate all of the guest rooms and our bedroom and bath but that will come. Right now I am cutting lots and lots of fresh greenery, adding new batteries, changing pillow covers, putting out candles, vacuuming up lots and lots of fresh greenery needles and tweaking anything that I notice right now. I will say that the tree sits just as it did when the family left-upright, in water and lights strung! Not one single ornament has been hung but, that too, will come!

I would like to say that I will have it all done and "ready for viewing" by this evening...I would like to, but I can't. You see, we have a much better offer for the rest of the day. We are picking up the grand kids from school, taking them to Mochi and then home to design a Thomas Paine costume for a project that Harrison is working on. After that, we will go with them to their church for dinner before their youth groups. It is always more fun to spend time with this gang. Errands and appointments tomorrow but, unless I am totally bogged down sewing up a Thomas Paine (?) costume, I should be ready to go by the end of the weekend-and good thing too as we are off sometime next week to spend some time with daughter #1 and her family!

I did manage to find one spot I could photograph that is pretty much ready for viewing...just a hint of what is to come. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment