decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Whew"!!

I think I must really be catching on to this retirement thing! So much so that I have let go of ALL of my schedules-so much so that I am really not getting any of the mundane things done-EVER! That is fine for awhile, but eventually, the "piper" must be paid...and that would be today for me!

I have been having too much fun going off and spending time with my family...and, isn't that really what it is all about? But then when they surprised me by telling me they would all be coming to our house this weekend for 2 birthdays/ Father's Day/ 4th of July, I had to slip into first gear. And so, today, things are being tackled that have not been tackled in a long while. But, I am still giving myself some down time as when the gang hits town this weekend, so will one of our grand dogs-for a three week stay at our house. Makes sense to me not to go overboard on floors at least. Looking forward to an afternoon spent in the pool-we shall see. In any case, let me show you the kitchen before I head off for a week-daughter #1 will be here for 5 days so we will be having some fun during that time catching things that we don't get to do often enough.









I still really like this wooden star I made several years ago. It was a simple wooden star from HL decoupaged with a napkin, glittered with clear glitter and embellished with ribbon and wire. So simple yet one of my favorites.










This picture is another print I got out of an old Good Housekeeping magazine and framed.


OOpsd...just realized that I have this star sitting on its "side".



So that is the kitchen this year. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We are off tomorrow to Gainesville to watch the boys compete in their end of the week track competitions. Then, all of the fun this weekend and next week. I will try to share our adventures. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment