decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 12, 2015

"It's ALL About Family"

...and the room where we so frequently gather, the family room. So, on we go!






Here's how the glittered Uncle Sam hat/pedestal turned out. Now that I am looking at this, I am thinking I may add a silver star.



Oh, these little hands are all so large now, we would need several wreaths to fit them all...sob!



Just realized I need to head out and get some 4th of July candy to fill Uncle Sam's arms.


Here is my favorite PB hurricane yet again. This time I used small, glittered hats that I bought years ago at a close-out sale as filler and added a few extra fire crackers that I had made when I made this wooden banner a few years back. The banner used to hang over the entrance mirror in the living room but since that is no longer there, I hung it on the entertainment center.




Sorry to bore you with these mundane "photo" pictures, but since this blog also serves as my memory book, I like to include them to spur me on when I look back at them next year. I am getting old and starting from scratch every year is too daunting to even consider!



So that is the family room...not many awesome changes, but, if it ain't broke...I just found out that the whole gang will be here next weekend to celebrate some birthdays. Think I am going to squeeze in a little 4th of July celebrating as well since most of the gang will be out of state on the real day this year. Looking forward to making some plans this week. Pinterest here I come!! Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment