decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 26, 2015

Summertime, Summertime


My grand daughter made this cup as a gift for hubby this past Christmas...right about the time he was selling his business and feeling very sad that the longest stage of his life was coming to an end. He has been a CPA for so many years that it kind of snuck in and took over everything. After all, it is a career or endless deadlines!!! I used to chuckle when people would ask him what he was going to do with the rest of his year after April 15. Most people don't realize that tax returns are the minor portion of a CPA practice.

My husband is an extremely well respected accountant. He was known for his honesty and integrity...and, he really knew his way around a tax return. His clients came to love him and they thought of each other as family. And so, leaving that life was a HUGE decision for him. But, our family reminded him that even though he was a top notch accountant, he was a more loved and respected Papa in their eyes and they were all looking forward to more time spent with him-although I will say that no matter how busy he always was, unless it was April 14, he could find a way to get to most all of our family highlights.

In any case, thank goodness we are done with all of that because the last week has shown us once again how nice it is to "be free".

We stayed busy every day with all sorts of family-filled fun. Today I am playing a bit of catch up on little things that have been patiently waiting for my attention...like:


Daughter #2 found this metal ceiling tile frame when she and her sister headed to a salvage yard in Atlanta recently. We thought it would look fabulous with a mirror and since I love this kind of "chore", I headed off to find the supplies to finish it off. I can't wait to see it up on the mantle in their home!

And those are the kinds of things that I will be doing the next few days...nothing really "blog worthy" but fun for me none-the-less! Although, I will admit that I am finding myself "going" to thoughts of autumn and Halloween more and more these days. I almost hyperventilated when I saw the first of the glittery Halloween branches in HL yesterday. If sunflowers are next, can pumpkins and autumn leaves be far behind? I will be on the search for ideas soon.Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment