decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Feast or Famine

I have posted before about my cooking habits. I like to cook. But, I do not like to cook every day things. I like to cook the things we should not be eating...and, even if we should, with just two of us these days, it takes forever for us to finish a full recipe of any kind. And so, I usually leave the "fancy" dishes until we have company.

But, every now and then, I get "the urge". I think it is usually seasonally motivated. You can almost always count on pots of soup as it gets cold, pumpkin flavored "anything" in the autumn, macaroni and cheese or meatloaf and mashed potatoes (comfort foods) in times of stress, etc. So, I guess I was feeling "summer" today. I also had 6 ears of fresh corn left over from our cookout.


I happened upon an Ina Garten Fresh Corn Salad recipe a year or two ago and I love it. It is simple and delicious and the fresh corn just screams summer.


I have also been trying hard to get more protein into our diets now that neither if us eats much meat any more. I have a bean and quinoa salad that I love and get every time I am in Tampa. I have been trying to duplicate it myself and I think I am getting close. I made up another HUGE bowl of that today and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I hit the jackpot.

I also had a boat load of fresh veggies in the frig, so they are in the oven roasting with olive oil and garlic right now. Let's just say that tonight we will definitely be on the "feast" side of the coin. Don't know if we will be able to finish all of this before it goes bad but we will sure have a great time trying! And it's all healthy too! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment