decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Finally Ready!

I am finally ready to begin the tour of this year's 4th of July decor. Even though the sun is out, I had problems getting good pictures-way too many flash backs from mirrors and glass-but you get the idea. Even though I am not the biggest fan of blue, I love it in this holiday's color scheme!


Welcome to the entry again-notice the addition of the red and blue stars on the typewriter..just what it needed, don't you think?


I still totally love these old shutters that serve as a sort of wall between our entry and the LR. My decorator daughter is trying to get me to use them somewhere else and open up this space, but I like the division so I am holding firm. The shutters came from the old Women's Club in Winter Park and were a gift many years ago from my brother and sister-in-law as a reminder of the many, many shopping trips we made together to Park Avenue. The oddest thing is that hubby and I actually attended a wedding reception in the that building before we were gifted with the shutters. I love it when my things have a "story".



I really didn't need one more banner to hang in this room, but when I saw this in the Dollar Corner at Target (for $3!), I just had to get it. I wasn't sure if I would even use it this year, but since I have a burlap lamp shade in this room, I kind of thought it fit in here and this was about the only empty spot of "real estate" left!






Do you see the obvious "empty" spot in this picture? Not to worry! A delivery from Pottery Barn is due by the end of day tomorrow and all "will be right with the world". I will show you when it arrives.



I love free art. Way back when Mary Emmerling still had her magazine, she would feature a seasonal poster each month. This one came from the July issue and since I had the red frame and a piece of blue mat board, it was totally free art!











So there you have it. A few changes were made but much stayed the same. Sometimes when I like something I have a hard time moving it somewhere else just for "movings" sake. Much more to come. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment