decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 14, 2012

With a Little Help From My Friends!

I know, you are waiting to see my Valentine's decorations as promised in my last post. So, what am I doing showing you a kid in a Santa hat? Well, I have had another busy week. Christmas decorations came down slowly but didn't really get put away where they belonged. Thought if I had them out of sight-at least in the rooms that I frequent the most-they would be out of mind as well. And they were until this little one came out sporting the Santa chapeau.

You see, we got the pleasure of having dinner delivered by daughter #3 and family on the 2nd evening of project Christmas take-down. I knew they were coming but felt I must begin this project or put it off for another full week due to my schedule. Even I was beginning to stress about that.

Anyhow, I got Christmas down and most of Valentines put up before they arrived but didn't have time to even think about putting all of Christmas away in its rightful home.

The 2 little ones spent the night with us and the next morning, Presley went investigating and found part of the Christmas stash. First she appeared in my husband's "Bah Humbug" ball cap and then this Santa hat. She wanted a picture taken. Then so did Hudson and so the morning went. I got so many cute pictures and before I knew it it was time to head off to breakfast. When we returned, hubby and I were off to Gainesville for several days. By the time we returned, another week was history. Hence, the lack of the afore- mentioned Valentine pictures. I am still tweaking and putting away Christmas but I am almost ready for the big reveal.

I did promise you a peek at my blanket chest that is now, once again, full of Christmas decorations. I decorated it very simply this year. Trying to hold back and not put out every decoration I have just because I have it! We'll see how long that lasts. Next post will get us going through the house. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment