decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Painting the Town Red

The mantle is a little different this year. Somehow I am hooked on the garden look for all seasons. I think it starts with my current love for lanterns.

Thought the Valentine French flower tins looked nice with the verdigris lantern. I got these tins a few years back at "The Barn".

Another lantern, my old garden dove (who is now holding a little love note in his beak) and the glittered chip board letters I made leaning up on a canvas that felt "valentiney" to me.


The side table sports some frames, spring flowers and the "dozen long stemmed poses" that I made so many years ago. I recently "pinned" the poses on my Pinterest board and I think it has had more repins than anything else I posted with the exception of an autumn banner-which, to be quite honest, was never one of my favorite projects but, I digress.


When I went to take the pictures of this window I realized that the valance above it is made out of a Waverly fabric with French writing that looks very romantic to me. It is perfect for this vignette and I am going to see if I have any fabric left over. I think it would make an adorable holiday pillow with just the addition of a simple red heart. Maybe the next post?

And, here is the next edition of the glittered hearts saga. Think I am just going to string them together and use on the hutch. Just waiting for them to dry.



Finishing up with some pictures that my sister-in-law just sent me. They were taken at my mom's 91st birthday luncheon. For once, we all look sort of good so I thought I would share. A bit more Valentines to come. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I really like those photos of you and dad. You both look really good!! I am also going to glitter my hearts from Nana, not sure I am going to do all of them though. Also, going to try to make a banner for V-Day.

    ReplyDelete