decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 23, 2012

Still Not Happy

Still having trouble with some of my decorating. I did not like this vignette so I decided to add MORE STUFF!. Still don't think I like it.

I have had this victorian looking wire photo holder for a long time. It has heart shaped holders so of course it reads "Valentine" to me. And, I have a lot of vintage valentines that I have used in many ways over the years. I thought a few displayed here might work.

Then, I saw this love letters decoration featured on Pinterest and I had to order it. It is made of coffee stained muslin and gauze and I don't know why, but I love it. It would be easy to make and, who knows, maybe I will try to get a few done as gifts before the big day.


I also added a few things here in the livingroom. I copied the picture of the little girls carrying Valentine presents because it reminded me of a picture I have with my friends when I was young. I may have worn that exact coat or dress-they all feel so familiar. Of course, what does that say about me when I could be the person in a photo that the world is now using as "vintage"?

I stopped in Micanopy the other day and was disappointed in their Valentine choices. Not much at all but I picked up a sheet of paper covered in vintage valentines. My first thought was to frame it, but short of doing a custom frame- and even I have my limits on Valentine decorations- I was stumped on how to display. After walking around HL today and checking out any idea I could muster, I settled on a piece of black foam core. I spray mounted the picture and left just a tiny border around the edges. Then, I set out to see where it would go. It didn't look good anywhere I had imagined because the proportions were off so for now it will sit here. I will think more about it when my brain is fresh tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment