decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 16, 2012

Shall We Continue?

Moving on to the dining room, you can see the sugar mold is once again running down the middle of the table. I am still debating whether I want to add my red runner underneath it-what do you think? It is hard to see but there are some glittery hearts hanging from the chandelier. I have a number of those feathery-bead things that are meant to be wrapped around candles-and that is where I like mine-but I am thinking about adding them to the chandelier as well. We will see.

The hutch still sports some of the Christmas mercury glass. I like the feel of it-not to mention once again a no-brainer as I had less to pack away if this stays out. Again, trying to simplify a bit.


This is a frame that daughter #3 made me. She simply glued on conversation hearts and then gave them a spray of clear coat. She finished it off by adding a Valentine sentiment but you could use a photo. I wasn't sure how this would hold up but it has done fine. I do make sure that it gets stored in the house where the temperature is controlled as opposed to in the garage where it gets really hot in the summer!

I left the glitter shaker-photo holders that the girls made out because I like them. They were nothing more than a $ store salt shaker filled with inexpensive glitter-not MS this time- and decorated with a vintage valentine and twisted wire. They look very victorian to me.

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to lessen my number of family photos. In fact, every year the number continues to grow as I keep adding more. I think it is a sickness!

I switched the niche up a bit this year. I put my winter branches into my red Southern Living olive jar and moved the banner I made down across the branches. I once again put out the little one's "hand hearts" and the vintage Valentines.





I still really like this vignette and it is one of the easiest things to do. I just cut the 14 out of black cardstock using my Cricut (but you could certainly free hand them ) and glued them on to a Valentine scrapbook paper and slipped them in a bargain frame. The February calendar was a download from the internet. How exactly did I ever decorate before I learned to print downloads??!

Still not happy with this so I will continue to play with it. It is the empty frame that I hung several months ago and up until now, I have found fun things to hang inside. I had a couple of ideas but all of the things I thought of were already happy somewhere else so I decided to try this. For some reason it is not "talking" to me! Don't know if the scale is off or what but I think I will be heading out soon to see if I can't find a fix for it! I'll let you know.



As you can see, I still like my glitter. There is just something about it for certain holidays. I have an idea or two perking and all I can say is that more glitter will be involved. I have a busy month ahead of me so I need to get my ideas finalized and get the crafting show on the road! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment