decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

K is for Kitchen

These pictures don't really give you many decorating ideas. Most of the stuff is the tried and true- pot holders woven by the girls when they were young, the myriad of decoupaged plates I have shared before, hand painted wine glasses, tissue paper votives-you know, the kitchen essentials.

I think the reason I included these pictures is because 1: this is the only room in the house currently clean enough to actually photograph and 2: I still can't believe I have a white kitchen! You see, when we bought this house 38 years ago, the style was partially Spanish. The cabinets were a dark laminate with carved out designs colored avocado green. The counters and appliances were also avocado green as well. The floor was a hideous linoleum. One day I woke up and realized I couldn't live in it one more day. I took a notion to change it all. It has been through a few transformations since and some day I will have to post about the process. It was probably the most difficult thing I have ever done-I did it all by myself as that was part of my bargaining power-but the most satisfying to be sure. And, it was done on a fairly small budget. I will bore you with details at a later date. Suffice it to say that there is not one square inch left of the original design!


Even the coffee has to match the holiday in this house-ha-ha.





Finally got motivated to start some crafts. Nothing done for reveal yet but maybe soon. Still not sure I absolutely love them-it has just been one of those years. Maybe I have been around so long that I have seen and done it all. As they say,"everything old is new again" and I am getting bored. I crave some new brilliant ideas. Even Pinterest isn't helping here! Stay tuned. I am sure inspiration will strike soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment