decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ser-en-dip-i-ty:

Noun: The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

I have already shown you this face. I saw it on Christmas morning. It is the face of my oldest grand daughter, Hannah. Hannah will be 16 in April. As she was opening her gifts, she took one of the bows and tied it on her head. A simple gesture. Not one encouraged by anyone else but when I looked over at her, I was transported back to her very first Christmas.

On that December 25, Hannah was the first daughter/ grand child/ niece in our family. At her young age, she had already endured a neurosurgery (at 19 weeks of age) and 52 staples in her head. She was always special but perhaps no more than on this, her first Christmas!

It was all about her. We all loved her so much and were thrilled to celebrate her return to good health and look to the new year to come. My oldest daughter reached down and tied a red bow on her head.

I couldn't help but notice the "occurrence by chance" of this happy event. It took me back all those many years ago and here to the present in a flash. I hope she knows how much she is loved-then and now! And the same for the 6 grand children who have come after her. Will they truly ever know how much joy they brought into so many lives?

Hannah was the first. She is the one who took me from a daughter/mother to the amazing title of "Nana" and for that I will be forever grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment