decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Can We Talk?

Or have a conversation? A conversation heart that is. We made these conversation hearts last year and the kids had so much fun, they wanted to do it again. My son-in-law was out of town for a few days, so it seemed like the perfect time to do something to help keep the kids busy and pass the time for them.

As we were doing this today, I began questioning how I could have remembered it being such a clean craft last year and here we were swimming in powdered sugar. Then I remembered that last year I mixed the dough up before the kids arrived so it had some time to rest. And, I gave them plastic cutting boards to roll the dough instead of the waxed paper I used today. It was a bit more difficult and a lot more messy but still as much fun!

Some of us actually made the hearts and others just ate the dough and the sugar-just saying.

The floor under Presley looked like this. Why does this not bother me? I guess I have finally arrived at the point where "the ends justify the means". And when you look at these faces and listen to their giggles, who wouldn't arrive at the same place?

It was a fun afternoon and after 24 hours the kids will come back and add the "conversation" to the hearts. All it takes will be edible markers and we will be good to go. They are easy to find now-think the ones I use are from Wilton.



I also finished my glittered hearts this weekend and very haphazardly threaded them together. I wanted them to hang every which way but I'm thinking I should have planned out my "haphazard" because these look too "planned" to me. But, so much glitter was falling off as I strung them and moved them around that I decided I would leave well enough alone! I am going to take these pictures to my mom this week and see if she remembers making these hearts all those many years ago and then show her what I have done with them. Hope she approves. I think she will. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment