decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Can You Ever Have Too Much Glitter?

Many, many years ago, I saw a Country Living Magazine spread on Valentine decorating. They had an old pine hutch hung with many crocheted hearts. My mom was a master crocheter so I asked her if she would make me some using the pattern provided in the article. Well, she went to town and made me many hearts in many different sizes. I stiffened them, added ribbons and bows and hung them off of my hutch for many years. And, I loved them. Then, one day, I simply found them too "country" and they have been sitting in storage ever since.

Fast forward to this past Christmas when I was giving everyone one of my mom's doillies that I had glittered. My oldest daughter saw it and said "I wonder if we could do that to Nana's hearts?". That got me thinking and so today, I took one out and tried it.

I love it although at the moment, I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I am leaning towards perhaps stringing them all together and using them as a banner. I think I will like that more than the way I used to hang them individually. We shall see.

One down...many more to go! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment