decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Whew!!!!

Wow! This was a super fun, super busy week. It's funny how I can have weeks at a time when the most exciting thing I have to do is the wash and then one like last week where I was on the go almost every day! 

I think you're up to date through Thursday so let's head to Friday. Daughter #3 and I headed downtown for lunch at our favorite little restaurant, Stella's Modern Kitchen. It only has 5-6 tables but, if we can get one, it is our first choice. If not, there are so many other places to eat downtown now that it is always fun and sure to be delicious.



As I said, there are not a lot of tables in this restaurant/gourmet food shop but we are almost always lucky enough to get our favorite table right inside the window. It is fun to watch as people go by and wave to so many friends who are bustling around downtown. We had a nice leisurely lunch and then we were off to my grand daughter's school where they held their annual fund raiser, a Color Run. The kids absolutely love this event and it is always a big money maker for the school.


We had the nicest visit and when I was about to go home, my daughter says "are you up for another trip south tomorrow?". Well, she didn't have to ask twice and so, on Saturday morning my daughter, grand daughter, her best friend and I were off to Apopka once again. It was kind of deja vu! When Jen heard we had gone down on a day that Trader Mae's was closed, she thought it would be fun to try again on a day it is open. And so we did.


I was pretty excited because I had seen a bunny picture that I loved on one of their FB posts and was a little disappointed when I couldn't get it on Wednesday. I think we weren't in the front door 20 feet when I happened into the room full of these pictures.

  And after going through all of the pictures, I finally found the one I was after and it became an early birthday gift from my daughter. Here it is home all safe and sound.

And, you have to know I would choose that one since it is a vintage postcard. I love it...in fact, I love it so much that it is almost the same image that I used on a pallet sign last year. This one is so much prettier but I'm sure I will find a way to use them both when I decorate for Easter this year. Or, I have another beautiful vintage Easter postcard image that I could probably use to replace the image on the wood pallet. It should be an easy fix...I'll put it on the growing "to-do" list. Lol

After Trader Mae's, we were off to pick strawberries at our traditional strawberry picking farm-this gang is nothing if not all about tradition. Lol

The weather has been so crazy this year that the strawberries ripen and get picked out very quickly. We were actually able to get more than enough for what we wanted and then were off to Eustis for lunch at the Mexican Restaurant restaurant that is another tradition for these two girls...and, life is even better if they can get their favorite table outside and right by the fountain! And, of course, one more visit to The Peddler's Wagon. And, the girls were so excited because they were able to find the "store cat" curled up inside a basket that was for sale. As cats tend to be, this guy is very independent and it is always a challenge to see if they can find him.

 

 Eustis was having a vintage car show as well so we hung around a bit, had some ice cream and enjoyed the cars, the music and people watching for a bit longer.

And, while we were traveling, the girls decided that they need to have a weekend at Nana's house to do a holiday extravaganza. The next holiday up is St. Pat's so, I am going to enjoy not being in a car today and maybe catch up on a movie or two while I look through some ideas and see if I can find anything new for the girls to do. But, I think rainbow pasta has once again been requested for dinner...we shall see. 

Stay safe and stay tuned. And yes, I know there is more of the Valentine tour to do. Fingers crossed I'll be back soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment