decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 20, 2023

Learning to Go With the Flow

If I remember correctly, I used to like a plan and then to stick to said plan. I am still like that a bit but, since I am no longer in control of everyone in my life - and truth be told I never really was but it is easier to think that I was when my children were young and still living under my roof - I have to go with the flow. They may not always be available when I would like them to be and, I may have other plans but if I am needed, those plans will change quickly.

And so it looks like I am needed this weekend. Daughter #3, her hubby and grandson #1 are off to Orlando where my grandson will accept an award from the VFW for a speech he has written. It will be a long event and the two younger grands really don't want to go so it looks like they are coming to Nana's for the weekend. Of course, once that was cleared, my daughter said they would love to make it a Valentine weekend like "the old days" and, since Nana didn't really have that in the plans, I scrambled. When I was out running errands yesterday, I just grabbed some stuff and thought the kids could actually help me plan what they would like to do.

Of course, the Girl Scout in me always comes out and I am always prepared for crafts-just because I've been at it so long that I will never use up all of my stockpile.

In the old days, I always made a sample so the kids would have some idea where we were going but these days, they are far more creative than I and so I just lay it all out and they can take it from there. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

And, I used to go crazy with menus...but, again, these days I go a lot simpler. If it is red or heart shaped, it is fair game. I grabbed a few things that will work for dinner and we'll see what they want and then I have some ideas for some things they can bake - which they both really enjoy doing - so dessert will be ice-cream and any "side" they want. If we get something baked, yay but, if not, I'm once again prepared. Lol

And, being the dinosaur that I am, I pulled out my old file to remind myself of some of the games they enjoy playing. Their favorite is usually the Minute-To-Win-It games and I'm pretty sure I have all of that stashed away safely somewhere. And, if this is all behind them these days, I am sure we can find more than enough other things to do to keep everyone busy. Heck, there are still tons of leaves to rake if anyone gets bored. Lol And yes, before you say anything, I know I have tons of things "pinned" on Pinterest but, I just like looking at papers. I told you, I'm a dinosaur!

I am off once again. I'll be sure to let you know how the weekend goes. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment