decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 6, 2023

Seeing Red - 2023

I'm sure glad the only way you can see my house is through the pictures I share because, truth be told, my house is still NOT totally cleared up from Christmas. I have to work myself into the right frame of mind to tackle the mess that is the garage and, that frame of mind hasn't been reached yet! And so, I am giving myself yet another day to catch up on little things. Unfortunately when I sat down to make that list, it is way longer than I ever imagined and so, I am kind of going in circles and not getting much off of the list just yet. And so, why would I not add something else and begin my Valentine 2023 tour? Lol Once again, I am not a fan of poinsettias for after the holidays but, they are red...and they are here...and so they stay until I find something I like more!




I have changed up a few things in the living room because I looked back at last year's pictures and thought there could be some tweaking but, I think the only new thing is the vintage Valentine wreath that I made...so far. Lol





I changed up the vintage Valentine collage. It started its life as a piece of wrapping paper that I found in a shop in Micanopy. I mounted it on a piece of black foam core board. I have been just propping it up for the last few years. This year I decided that it looked like the proportions of the vignette were off because it was too low on the mirror. I tried using some of my black wood block "risers" but it still looked off so I hot glued on a ribbon and hung it. I'm not sure this is the perfect solution either but I like it better so, until some other option pops into my head, here it will stay as well.

I still love the dried flower heart that daughter #1 made me many years ago from instructions that she found in a Martha Stewart magazine.



I still "see" myself every time I put out this frame. The little girl second from the left could be my twin sister in a picture I have of myself somewhere-wish I could find it to share. I didn't wear my hair like that for very long but I did long enough to get at least one picture. Lol


If you missed my previous post, here is the new vintage Valentine wreath that I made and added this year.

The sequined heart is one of my all-time favorite Valentine crafts that I did with my grand children. It was time consuming but actually so easy to do.


And look who I found still hanging out in the living room...there's always one! Lol Guess he figured he'd keep an eye on things until the tree comes down...and Christmas 2022 will officially be over! Stay safe and stay tuned.













No comments:

Post a Comment