decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Not Sure How I Got Here

 When I woke up on this beautiful day and made my plans, number 1 on the list was wash and wax all wood floors and wash bathroom floors. Well, so much for that. Here is where I am now and how I got here is anyone's guess. Lol


As I said, now that my furry friend was gone, today was for cleaning. Except, somewhere during my second cup of coffee, my mind started to stray to making a list of things I needed when I decided it was time to run errands. On that list was a piece of foam board because I thought I wanted to make my St. Pat's wreath more along the line of the "dummy board" wreaths. That got me thinking that I should really get to Pinterest and see about printing some of the images I saved. So I did.

But an image on there spurred a memory of some St. Pat's banners I had made years before but haven't used in awhile. And so, before I used any of my new, very expensive ink, I thought I should check my St. Pat's Rubbermaid. I was pretty sure if I hadn't thrown them away, they would be in the container in the house because I like those kind of things to have temperature control. And so, this happened.

And, sure enough, there they were so it was back to the drawing board to see how many I could use and how many more I might need.

Now that I knew I had what I needed, I didn't want to wait until I got the foam board so I decided to just use another $ Tree wire form that I already had. And, I decided I liked the size of the Thanksgiving wreath I had bought so I brought that out and started thinking of a layout.

I used some burlap I had on hand to wrap the frame,

And, before I knew it, pretty much all of the day was gone and I was here.

The jury is still out on whether or not I might want to add some glitter-I keep fluctuating. Luckily I still have some time before this beauty needs to be hung. I don't think I will hang it in front of a mirror this time as I really don't like seeing the back reflected. But, we shall see.

And so now, no floors have been done and I have a tornado's path of destruction to clean up before I can call it a day. Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment