decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 26, 2023

It IS Easy Being Green!

 Those of you who have been here for awhile know how much I LOVE the color green. I think of it as a neutral. Everything goes with green because there are flowers of every color and they're all enveloped with green leaves...nature loves green. I think it makes my home feel calm and refreshed. And so, combined with my Irish heritage, it is easy to see why I look forward to St. Patrick's Day every year.

When last I posted, I told you about my upcoming trip down to Apopka with my brother and sister-in-law to a place I have been wanting to visit for quite some time. It is a market full of over 100 vendors offering antiques, furniture, holiday and seasonal items, jewelry, art, etc. I have looked at countless pictures over the last few years (ever since it found its way to my FB page) and even saved a few. I was raring to go!

And so, you can imagine our surprise when we pulled into the parking lot to find it practically empty! There was a lady out front working on a piece of furniture and she gave us the bad news that they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays! Insert sigh and tears...lol Note to self...next time, don't just check the hours...check the days! Who would think a shop would be closed in the middle of the week?

But, since we were this far south, we figured we would make the best of it and move on to another fun spot...we chose Eustis. I love the little town of Eustis. It is very quaint and inviting. It doesn't have a lot but that is fine with us these days. It definitely has enough to have a full and enjoyable day...and we did. And, of course, that meant a visit to one of my favorite shops, "The Peddler's Wagon". The middle of this store is always full of the latest holiday/seasonal things while the other parts of the store are chock full of everyday items and decor.

And, of course, there is always the beautiful Christmas area.

It was a perfect day and a walk by the water was just the thing after checking out all of the stores and a delicious lunch! 

 


Since I was already feeling sad because we missed Trader Maes, I decided I needed a little pick-me-up. Lol And so I took myself to the St. Pat's area of the Peddler's Wagon and managed to find a few things.


I was extra excited to find more Bells of Ireland this year. This is the only place that I have seem to be able to find the faux flowers any more. Last year I got the long stemmed ones and this year I found the shorter bush variety. And that dish towel spoke to me. The ball of greenery is a half sphere. I am seeing them pop up on many decor blogs these days. They can be put on top of a vase opening to look like is is full is stems or on top of a candle stick, in a dough bowl, etc. without worrying about fitting in the usual wire stems. I'm not sure where this is going just yet but it will probably remain out most of the year.

I have today free before my fun day tomorrow so I thought it was probably time to make this happen.

And, while I'm waiting for that to dry, I dragged some craft supplies out to the sunroom to work on an idea someone gave me when she commented on the post of my vintage Valentine's wreath. Since I have already made my St. Pat's wreath and had some vintage images left over, I ended up making a St. Pat's collage on an old $ Tree sign I had bought to just use as a base.

This was fun to do and by the time I got this far, the floors were dry.

I added a little scrap bow and called it a day.

So this is where my "green" stash stands for now...Bells of Ireland, vintage wreath, vintage sign, St. Pat's canvas, wood shamrock, green leaf garland and dogwood garland (all from the Target $ Spot), St. Pat's towel and the greenery half sphere. This stuff all makes me so happy. I almost can't wait for February 15 to arrive so I can put it out. At my age, it's probably not smart to be wishing my life away but I DO love my green!


Tomorrow I'm off to lunch with daughter #3 and then we're off to grand daughter #5's school fund raiser-the Color Run. It was so much fun last year...I can't wait. Photos to follow I am sure. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.











No comments:

Post a Comment