decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Life Moves On...and So Does Our Tour

As much as it saddens me to say it, my Christmas tree is finally down! And, the HUGE branch that had fallen is now cut into still pretty huge logs-which will require some Paul Bunyon splitting skills before they are small enough to fit into a fireplace. My grandson surprised me on Sunday when he arrived with chainsaw in hand and got busy. And, of course, I wanted to stick close just in case he needed me so, I pulled out the rake and got 5 cans full of leaves raked up. You have to love living in Florida. The weather was absolutely picture perfect but the leaves-which I thought must have ALL come down through our 2 recent hurricane visits-are STILL falling! 



It took me most of yesterday to get the ornaments and lights off of the tree, lights untangled and organized, the area cleaned up and all of the furniture moved back into place. I was going to hit the ground running this morning to get going on some heavy duty cleaning but I got called into service to tag team with my daughter because, try as she might, she can't be in two places at once. Somehow, my grand daughter ended up with an orthodontist appointment close to the time my daughter had to head to Gainesville with my grandson for his U.S. Coast Guard Academy physical. And so, Nana to the rescue and I went with Presley and then got her back to school. And then, because the housekeeper was coming to their house, I brought the dog home with me. And so, a good bit of the day is gone and my furry shadow is here, so no heavy duty cleaning today for me. Instead, I'm here with you and we're moving on to the kitchen in all of its "red" splendor.


I'm loving how my new pot looks on the stove.


The Target Dollar Spot has started putting out the holiday shaped wood pieces for each occasion. I got the tree for Christmas and now I grabbed the heart. A lot of people are using them for crafting but, since I currently have my cutting board obsession, I like it resting here near some of my other boards.









It looks like the only additions to this room since last year are the wood heart and the heart shaped pot. I actually have 2-3 more craft ideas I am dying to get to but I seem to be missing just one supply for each and won't be able to get to the store today. I'll be sure to let you know when I get crafting again. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.

Thought I would share a picture of a spa day...no, not for me but for my silk florals. I have never actually been to a spa day so you would have to ask my plants how it feels. I think I've told you before that I am not the biggest fan of faux flowers but, there are some places that just call for flowers but fresh or potted ones would simply not survive. And so, when I find realistic looking faux flowers, I am usually OK with spending a bit extra...but, then, that means they have to last FOREVER! lol

Most of my good fauxs are on display in other rooms of the house when it is not their chance to shine as I don't want them getting crushed as I shove them into Rubbermaids - like the poor mis-shapen tulips you see. Of course, that means that they tend to get dirty and that was always an issue until I happened upon a silk flower spray cleanser that can be found in craft stores. I simply pretty much saturate the flowers and greenery and set them to dry basking in the sun. The spray not only "melts" the dust but it gives a new life to the flowers and it kind of smells clean as well. It's a win all around. Now if only all of my other cleaning could be just this easy!



 

 

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment