decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 16, 2023

Mother Nature is at it Again!

Oh my gosh! After a few rather chilly days where we may have hit freezing during the night, we are having the MOST beautiful spring weather ever...only trouble is that it is still WINTER! My son-in-law just came by to pick up my grand dog who was visiting again for a few days and he and I were outside talking for awhile. After he left, it took everything I have not to get out into the gardens! But, I know once I head out there trimming of dead things will begin and the UF master gardener's program just issued another warning - to people like me I assume - NOT to trim until dangers of other frosts are over. Everything feels so gorgeous out there but looks so sad.

And so, that brings me here to you. Before I set out on another tangent I thought I had better get another room of Valentine's decor posted. Truth be told, except for a possible Valentine get together, I am already thinking of St. Patrick's Day. I love all things Irish...especially the greens. Green is my favorite color and once it comes out I start thinking about spring and the gardens and - oh well, you know where this will end up. Lol

I think we're ready to head into the dining room.


The only thing new here is the addition of that cute - now empty - velvet candy box from that incredible candy store we found in Jacksonville last year. If I remember correctly this box held chocolate caramels...yum! My oldest daughter also gave me her empty box and it is somewhere else in the house?





So that is the dining room for this year. Last night was one of those chilly nights so Hazel and I snuggled in to watch a movie or two while the fire burned. Daughter #2 was here yesterday to give me my next "streaming" lesson now that I no longer have cable. This is all new to me so it is taking a bit of time but I think I am finally getting it. After many, many, many years of cable, TiVos and ultimately the Cox Contour box, I need to learn a whole new mindset. The jury remains out on if you can or can't teach an old dog new tricks. Lol In any case, I can now find lots and lots of movies. I love how this room feels at night!

I'm off to cook up something for dinner and then make my plans for the rest of the week. Floor washing and waxing were put on hold while Hazel was here so that will probably be next. Stay safe and stay tuned.






 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment