decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 20, 2018

Retail Therapy

I knew if I was going to get any errands done today, I needed to get out early before the rains came. I wanted to start at HL and I knew they didn't open until 9 a.m. And so, I pulled into the parking lot right on the dot...and it was drizzling by the time I got out of the car. I went in at 9:00 and I came out at 10:18...and NOT by choice. Make no mistake about it, I love HL. But I didn't need to be in there that long except...that drizzle turned into a downpour and every time I went near the doors to see what was happening, it seemed to be raining even harder than the last time. And so, I would slowly stroll yet another aisle.

There was a huge sale going on-anything marked spring was 80% off. Surely there was "something" I needed. And so it went. Obviously, shopping makes one feel better. How excited I was to pick up more 4th of July napkins! And then a small $18 pitcher for just $3.60! And I went on to find some orange LED candles, a Thanksgiving decoration, a woven tray, paint and some burlap. I figured as long as I was there and I now had Christmas ornaments checked off the list that I should probably buy the rest of the fabric I would need to make my Thanksgiving and Valentine door hangers. That will give me one for every month! Luckily, by this time, the downpour lightened up enough that I thought I could at least get to my car. No telling what else I would have found that I "needed" if not.

And, that was the end of my errands for today. I made it home before many more deluges...and so it goes.


Here is where I put the tray and pitcher-and the leftover rusted jingle bells. I am having trouble decorating this new coffee table. I think it might be because it is round and I just can't fit on as much as I am used to. I still don't think I have it down but it's getting better.


And here is my next project...assuming the weather man is correct and these rains will continue...and continue...and continue for awhile. 


I love getting all of this stuff done ahead of schedule but I am still ready for autumn...and the sun...and some cooler temperatures...well, you get the picture. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment