decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 9, 2018

As Long As I Don't Go Outside...

...I can pretend a bit that autumn really IS on its way!

Outside it is still hot, sticky and wet but inside, ahhh, I'm beginning to feel a bit of a change. Lol Late summer decor is done and I think I have already posted that I actually got everything done in one day. I was beginning to think that might be because I was so motivated but, last night as I was walking through the house, I think I realized that it is probably because I am using so many "permanent" vignettes these days. These are the areas where I now have things that I truly love and don't want to have sitting on shelves in the garage even for just one holiday theme. I'm sure I will modify that decision when Halloween rolls around because then I have so much that I really do need to empty the house of all other! But, for the rest of the year...!

And so, decorating does go so much more quickly when I am just changing out flowers, candle colors, pictures, etc. and not having to come up with a whole new design ethic every season.

With that in mind, let's see how I did in the living room. Welcome.

The porch actually needs some work. I want to plant the red, white and blue verbena that are in the urns into the gardens and find some yellow flowers instead. I also am thinking about making a new fence slat sign. Not sure how the sunflower theme has slipped past me the last few years but it might happen soon if this weather doesn't brighten up a bit and I am still looking for more inside projects!










The citrus fruit in the big copper bowl has pretty much all of the same colors as the sunflowers so it gives me (in my mind any way) "permission" to not only use those themes but to pull in the Mediterranean theme as well in other parts of the house. I have a LOT of sunflowers out but even I think it would be WAY too much if I didn't have some relief from that theme here and there. Since a few areas are no longer available for the flowers since we have done a bit of re-decorating and moving around in the last year, I did actually find myself walking around wondering what to do with them all. But, have no fear, new ideas popped into mind and it is just what "the doctor ordered"...as a matter of fact, I'm wondering why I never had flowers in those places in the past!



Ahhh, copper and rusty and chippy-oh my!


It always amazes me how much greener this room looks in photos as compared to in person!



So that is the start of what will probably be a very long finish to this summer. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the pool reno will get started soon-although I'm not sure how that will play out with our daily deluges but...? At least we can swim in it as we wait! More to come soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment