decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 27, 2018

One Day at a Time

So summer is finally ticking away...one day at a time. I am doing my best to stay busy and we are back to more of our traditional weather patterns-rain in the afternoons and fairly decent before and after. Of course, we need at least ONE FULL day of no rain for the concrete floor of my pool to be laid. And so, that is still a waiting game...but, today might just be the day! Fingers crossed.

When I was shopping the other day, I figured I needed a pick me up and, quite honestly, nothing does it better for me than these orange roses. As much as I love sunflowers this time of year, I love this orange color more than anything. Everyone they had came home with me that day!




They have been putting a smile on my face since then as well as another day spent with grand daughter #5 and another day spent with a dear friend...it's been a full and fun week.

Today started out at 75 degrees and beautiful blue skies. I am excited to see where it leads. I think I will start on a turkey...because isn't that what everyone thinks about in July? Lol

I must admit that, at first this guy proved difficult for me. I started by trying to just draw the whole turkey on the Kraft paper but I just couldn't get the proportions right. And then, I realized I would do better if I just mocked up the body of the turkey first, put him on the paper and drew the correct size feathers from there. And bonus...I just have the turkey taped together so after I get the burlap cut, I can take him apart and use his "pieces" as stencils on the material so I have my painting lines. I actually think that now that I have the feathers drawn-and, they're all different sizes-that I might make templates for them as well.


This is the point where I just draw one side, fold the paper in half and end up with something symmetrical.



I think he's going to be pretty cute!

 
Since it is Friday afternoon, I think I will put Tom Turkey away until morning and start out tomorrow bright-eyed and bushy tailed. I really enjoy the painting parts of these projects although I still haven't decided how I want to paint each of his feathers. Hoping inspiration will just hit in the morning. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment