decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

My Obsessions

As I was downloading all of these photos, it became clear to me that the late summer decor is all about Pottery Barn, Southern Living at Home and, of course, sunflowers. It appears that I am a bit obsessed with all of them.This is one of the times of the year that red, orange, green and gold all come out to play together...and that means most of my urns, pitchers, pots, etc. can join the crowd...as well as the other various and sundry Mediterranean influenced decor pieces. With no other real holiday decorations in the mix, the house kind of comes off as a display area for olive jars, oil urns, etc. It makes me feel like I am at a villa in Tuscany-lol!

In any case, here is this year's kitchen.






I still love using the little flower pot that the three youngest grand kids made me one year with their fingerprints in the middle of the flowers...and, of course, it is filled with my PB garden veggies.


Since the colors of the decor run in the citrus arena, and it is very Mediterranean, I like to bring out all of my lemons, limes and oranges now too.


Almost everything on this piece is from Southern Living at Home with the exception of the lamp and the plate and pitcher. Can you tell that daughter #1 used to be a dealer?





So that's it for the kitchen. I am spending any of my free time still perusing for this year's Halloween craft ideas. I am chomping at the bit to get out and buy some supplies and get going but somehow nothing has truly spoken-at least not quite loudly enough-so I continue to look. We shall see. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment