decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 29, 2017

It's That Time Already!

So, depending on whether you are a student, parent or teacher, you might have differing opinions on whether the summer went too quickly or too slowly. From my "Nana" perspective, I think it flew by this year. And so, I am scrambling to come up with some new and different back-to-school ideas to celebrate with the kids.

Unfortunately-or fortunately...once again depending on where you are standing-this year I am going to have to settle for something a bit different than usual. Usually I have the kids over for the whole day and we make decorations, favors and food. Then their mom and dad join us for dinner. But, as is happening all the time these days, the kids are more and more involved in their own pursuits and scheduling becomes harder and harder. This year, football practice has already started for both boys and since they're not on the same age level, their practices are on conflicting days...so that takes care of Monday through Thursday. And then, even though they have had a summer full of different vacations, they are squeezing in two more-which will take us right up to the day before school starts with all of the back-to-school shopping and scheduling still to be done.

I am nothing if not flexible these days. So now I am thinking that I will end up making the meal and favors and just having them all over for dinner one Friday night after school has started. That way we will be able to hear all of their impressions of new teachers, class mates, etc. Won't be quite the same but it will still be fun...and one more memory for them to keep.

And so with that in mind, I have started to gather up some things I have held on to from years past and am starting a list of some things I want to gather this coming week.


I am going to try some new recipes-probably something chicken, smashed potatoes, a few veggies/or salad, some kind of yummy homemade bread and I think this guy for dessert. the menu isn't in concrete just yet as I'm having fun looking at all of the ideas I have pinned.


I'll let you know what I settle on and I'm sure there will be lots of pictures to share. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment