decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 31, 2017

Where Were We?

I think so far I have shown you the living room and kitchen...more yet to see so let's move into the family room today. As I was posting these pictures, I realized that I don't have a single Easter light up this year. I think I remember my VERY old "egg lights" dying last year and my decision not to replace them. I'm not sure why because I like to have lights across the mantle...so, I think I will be on the look out for a sale soon!


I honestly still love this guy so much! I love the product but I loved the process even more. I am finding myself wanting to paint another wood piece but there is only so much "real estate" available for something like this. I've got some ideas I will share at the end of this post.







Look what I just found...somewhere in the recesses of my brain I remembered these pastel lights. They were never favorites so I didn't use them much but for now, they will bring some ambiance to this room. They don't look all the special in the daytime picture but tonight, when the room is just lit by candles (and the TV), I think it will be pretty until I find something better!


So this post got me thinking about a new project. We are supposed to get some rain this afternoon-fingers crossed because we could really use it-and I am just itching for another painting project. Off to Pinterest I went and found these ideas on my Easter board. They might not be as grandiose as my Peter Cottontail, but I think I will try one and use it as an embellishment in a wreath or arrangement.





I love a project. I am excited...and I'm off to the yard and garage to see how much "weather beaten" usable wood I can find. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment