decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 3, 2017

It's Official...Sort Of

My "real" day is over and, because I knew we are having a "full-family" blow- out this weekend, I kind of expected the day to be rather low key...until, the doorbell rang and I was greeted with these three little faces (and daughter #3 tagging behind) with my local favorite cake in hand! I say "local" favorite because a little birdie has hinted that my all time favorite-from Tampa- cake will be arriving tomorrow!


It sure didn't take long for us to get into this delicious confection. And then, the rain started-and that was a GOOD thing for several reasons. First and foremost, we NEED the rain. But, secondly, that meant this group didn't have to leave because the boys football practice was canceled so apparently a surprise dinner plan was on. And before we knew it, my son-in-law appeared with a huge Chinese dinner full of everyone's favorites. My low key day turned into a wonderful celebration-and now I still have our family-filled weekend to look forward to. I'm a lucky lady!

And, speaking of "lucky", I'm still tweaking St. Pat's. As I was perusing my St. Pats Pinterest page, I realized once again how I am nothing if not consistent! I must have pinned 6 or 7 pictures of shamrocks on script. There is something about the printed word that I just love.

And so, this was kind of a no-brainer.



I had the dictionary on hand for just this reason. It is from the $ Tree, so I don't mind ripping out pages at all-in fact, that is why I bought it because it really isn't a very complete dictionary. Then I grabbed an inexpensive black frame from HL. I had the shamrock download in my St. Pats download folder but I don't remember where I found it.


I simply printed the shamrock on the dictionary page and framed it up.


I don't know why I love this so much but it makes my heart happy...not bad for the day after a really BIG, milestone birthday. I know I will have much more to share soon so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment