decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My Lucky Day

After a nice visit in Gainesville, we are home again and I have just a bit of time so I thought maybe we could move on to the next room in all of its "green:" glory!



This sign was one of the first wood signs I made. I used a dog-earred fence slat. I just cut it to size and glued the two pieces together. Then I used a dark stain, painted on the letters and found a gold horse shoe at HL for the "U". It still looked a little plain to me so I added a glittered shamrock for embellishment.


I seriously wish I could remember where I bought these "Bells of Ireland". I have wanted more for years and just can't find them any more.



I still use this banner that I made a number of years ago. I simply downloaded maps of Ireland (sorry but I don't remember where I found them), cut them into shape, cut out a bunch of hearts and distressed the edges and then folded them in half so they be 3 dimensional and glued them on into shamrock shapes. It was so simple but I still love it.





This room is pretty simple but I love the calming effect of all of the green-green is the new neutral! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment