decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 26, 2017

While I Have a Chance...

I actually have a few minutes so I thought I might move along on this year's Easter tour. From the living room we head to the kitchen.



The baker's rack is pretty much the same except for that cute metal pitcher I got on a fabulous sale at Michaels this year. Since Jen gave me a similar one a few years back that I have out for almost every season, I'm hoping this one gives me as much "bang for my buck"!


I'm kind of wishing I get some company soon so I can set a pretty table with my spring china! Who knows, maybe I'll surprise my hubby tonight with a nice dinner at a pretty setting.












Wish I had more brilliant changes and ideas to show you, but, as I think I have said before, I have a bit of trouble decorating for Easter. It is kind of the way I am for Christmas...I like things pretty natural and traditional...and, once I have something I like, I'm not as tempted to change things up as I am on other holidays. I don't know why that is, but it is!

In any case, it is so gorgeous out today that I am going to head out into the yard for the rest of it. Then, I have a little sewing project up my sleeve for the coming week. I was getting out our spring bedding today and decided I just couldn't put up the UGLY window treatment one more time.

And so, I am starting to picture something in my mind. Don't have any details worked out just yet-and there will be many as that bay window has really weird angles and, since the covering has to wrap around the ends of the ugly shade tops, there will probably be much trial and error before I figure it out. Remember, I'm that measure once, cut twice, three times, etc. kind of gal! Keep your fingers crossed and I might be sharing soon. My decorator daughter tells me she has a whole roll of the perfect linen fabric she will give me, so I'm at least off to a good start. We shall see. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment