decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 16, 2017

One Thing Leads to Another...

I am always wondering why I never seem to move forward very much. I always have the best laid plans but something always takes me astray. Now I know what it is...it is ME! I can be on my way to a much needed project, detour for "just a second" and, the next thing I know, I am knee deep in a totally new project.

Such was the case today. I was going to use this chilly day to catch up on lots of indoor chores but, I thought I would take just a minute and look through a few of the blogs that I follow.

Of course, so many posts were St. Pat's themed and even though my house has been decorated for the holiday for weeks-and, I actually started looking at my Easter decor this morning-I couldn't help myself when I saw a St. Pat's tablescape that featured some Irish cottages.

You see, back in the day, I was an avid collector of bone china and teapots. I had shelves all around the dining room filled with them. And, I used them all frequently when I would have G.S. trainings or parent meetings at my house. But then suddenly, one day, I looked at them and saw them more as clutter and dust collectors. I donated most of them to the G.S. troop I was still working with as a co-leader because we would have a large Mother-Daughter Tea every year and they would be greatly appreciated for years to come.

But, I kept the ones that were meaningful to me. And that my friends, leads me to this rambling post.

I saw that tablescape and wondered why my Irish cottage teapot and cream and sugar set was packed up in the garage instead of with my St. Pat's decor. Luckily, since my SIL built me my wonderful storage shelves in our garage, I can pretty much put my hands on anything rather quickly. Of course, in this case, I wasn't 100% positive that I had not given these away. But, to my complete pleasure, I had not...and in they came.


Since today is March 16, I didn't really want to find a place to display these this year so I am going to do the next best thing. I am going to make some scones and a pot of tea and sit down for a break this afternoon-perhaps in front of another fire.


 At least, that is my plan...unless, of course, I get way laid in another direction. I can't wait to see where this road leads. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment