decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Bunnies, Eggs and Flowers, Oh My!

O.K. O.K. I know I told you I would have some painted wood to show you in my next post, but somehow life kept getting in the way. Either it was just so gorgeous outside that I couldn't contain myself and just had to be in the garden or, we had to be somewhere else or, I got to be off being "birthday" celebrated yet again! Let me explain...our youngest daughter gifted me with a gift certificate for a facial and then lunch at one of our favorite downtown restaurants. Since I have NEVER had a facial in my entire life-and some would say they could easily tell that...lol-I wasn't sure what to expect but I was game for anything.

I must start by saying the salon is beautifully decorated-maybe because the same daughter was the designer of this business and everything is so pretty and peaceful. The owner formulated a hydro-facial especially for my "Irish" skin - yes, there must really be such a thing and apparently it is pretty sensitive - and it was wonderful! So relaxing and it felt so good. And, I must say, my skin was actually glowing when she was done. It was a lovely gift and something I hope I can do again. Then, it was on to lunch at Stellas. This little gem of a restaurant is squeezed into a gourmet and kitchen and wine shop. It is always bustling and the chef is fabulous and innovative!

But, I am now back to reality and realized I still have a bit of Easter to show you so I am going to get moving. I love my pansies this time of year. I am starting to panic a bit because my "pansy" flag is really starting to fade and I don't think I would be happy with anything else in its place!




I have a few other things in the sun room but the main decoration is the table. Do you see the felt bunny that my cousin sent me a few years ago nestled on top of the flowers? It is just what I was looking for in that simple centerpiece!






I moved the vintage decor from the entry to this shelf in the dining room. Still not crazy about decorating these shelves-they are my enemy for every holiday! One of these days I will stop complaining and do something about it. My oldest daughter suggested I paint the back walls of the shelves?? Maybe?










So I think that is really about it for Easter decor 2017. It is always an easy transition from Easter to spring as I usually just pull out the bunnies and eggs and add in some nests and birds-but, I'm jumping the gun as usual. We have our oldest grand daughter's 21 birthday this weekend and then it is 2nd Sunday! After that, we will need to get busy on our actual Easter celebration plans. A little birdie told me it will probably be rather small and simple this year as the entire family will be here soon after to celebrate Hannah's graduation from the University of Florida-with honors I might add! Then we are right on to many other birthdays and anniversaries and another graduation...spring is always a crazy, busy time for our family but we love it! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment