decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 2, 2016

"Smelling the Pumpkins"

I have been missing in action for awhile but only because of GOOD things. I have been taking time to "smell the pumpkins"...and anything else that reminds me of fall!

We have had a busy week. It started on Tuesday with a day trip with my brother and sister-in-law. We headed down to a favorite stop of ours, "The Barn Antiques" and all of the other shops that go along with it!





We were in the car and about to leave when I remembered I didn't take a picture of my brother and sister-in-law but they were good with that-it was HOT and we were tired! lol

I am using this picture from last year to show you one of our purchases. I have always loved this beautiful blooming "Blue Sky Vine" but for whatever reason (possibly because I was usually breaking the bank buying Halloween goodies), I never bought one. This year both my sister-in-law and I did. She convinced me that it would look pretty blooming on our pergola. This pergola used to hold our hanging swing but since I never replaced the last one after it fell apart, all we really ever used the structure for recently was our "doughnuts on a string" game at our Halloween party. I know it won't be in our way this year but don't know how the kids will react next year when these gorgeous blooms are dripping everywhere-fingers crossed-and there will be no room for doughnut strings any more-haha.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were pretty much spent at home decorating for Halloween. I don't know if I was moving faster this year or what but I got it almost all done...including outside! Of course, there are always some tweaks to be made...plus lots and lots of batteries to be installed into all of the "light-up beauties" scattered throughout the house...and, of course, much autumn to still be put away.

And then yesterday was another football Saturday. This time my brother and sister-in-law came down for a chance to watch the boys play. We had a wonderful day at Jervey Gantt Park-even the weather has begun co-operating as we could actually feel a hint of autumn in the air. And, of course, it didn't hurt that both teams won handily!



After both games, we all went back to Jennie and Elton's house for a "fry fest"-as we took to calling it. I thought it was going to be a fish fry but much to my delight, I learned that Elton would be frying up anything Jennie could bring his way.

The fish was delicious as were the pickles, potatoes, onion rings, veggies, shrimp, oysters, etc. but the highlight of the meal for me was the BIG, crispy corn fritters. Oh my-it's a good thing I don't have that recipe. They are like potato chips-you CAN'T stop at just ONE!


Loading up the fish to be kept warm until everything else is done.


Just look at those beauties. You can see a glimpse of their yummy goodness at the bottom of the picture.


I wish I had a picture of the finished product but we all dove in so fast, I truly never thought about one!

And then, of course, we were on to the Gator game. Good thing there are DVD recorders because we didn't finish watching this "noon" game until 9 P.M. that night!

Today finds me getting my ducks in a row for the next few days. We are on our way up to Gainesville to spend a few days with our grand daughters while our daughter and SIL are out in Arizona. Looking forward to a lovely, slow paced few days-but, you never know. Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment