decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wrapping Up

I have been working on costumes today and I must say, this year's costumes are giving me a bit of a fit...and I chose them because I needed something that would be fast and easy. I am not in love with my choice and perhaps that is why nothing is falling in place. I don't like any of the pieces I have turned out so far. In the scheme of things, they will be fine and the little kids will know who we are and that is always our goal. But, that being said, I am the queen of costumes and I do enjoy making complicated patterns with many beautiful fabrics but that was just not in the cards for this year. I am taking a break and will show you what I have left of this year's decor and then I will get back to it to see what I can tweak to salvage the idea.


The bathroom is a little different this year as I have removed the two-tiered rack that used to sit between the sinks. I am sure my house guests will be happy because it gives them a bit more counter space but I am missing it for my decorating.


I had this extra black frame and I had printed this witch for a different project and never got to it, so I put two and two together and got this. I was determined to find another spot for her but I just haven't had time so this is where she will reside this year.



I did this shelf up a bit differently. The "BOO" bucket was filled with goodies for us when we spent the night at daughter #2's house recently. Unfortunately, she knows us so well that we dove into all of the goodies before I even had a chance to take a picture. I love that the container makes the perfect Halloween TP holder for this shelf.


Because we will spend a lot of time outside this weekend, I like to have the yard gussied up a bit too. Just a little something stuck here and there to give a pop of holiday color.








The front yard is pretty much as it is every year with the addition of this guy on the porch.








Everything is ready for the witches to arrive...can't wait! So much more to come. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment