decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 8, 2016

It Takes a Village

...or, in this case, eight hands. We got the trellis done and, as usual on one of my projects, it took a bit more "ciphering" than even I expected. This was one of those projects where one thing depended on the one before it and so on. It seemed simple enough but there was LOTS of figuring to be done before we got the final product. And, it was definitely something that needed many hands...and, in my case, many brains. But, we prevailed and I love the final result. And, I can't thank my brother and sister-in-law enough for all of their help. We truly could not have done it without them!!

As happens so many times with me, I got caught up in the "fun" and forgot to take pictures until we were almost done.



I really do love how this turned out and can't wait for the bougainvillea to grow enough that it is draping over the top of the garage door. It already makes us happy to come home on this side of the house!

And just when you think you couldn't get any happier, my sister-in-law surprised me with a present she brought with her. She had read my blog when I talked about wishing I could find an old wash board. She not only brought me one from her family treasures but also two of her wonderful rug beaters. I am so humbled to have these beautiful pieces. I couldn't wait to get them into my new laundry area so as soon as my brother and sister-in-law left, I was up on that dryer once again. Because the wash board was so tall, I couldn't stand it upright so I placed it on an angle. I liked the way that looked but was afraid it might be wiggled loose when the dryer started tumbling so I did what any red blooded American girl what do-I jerry-rigged a solution. I couldn't think of anything that would work until I spied an Allen wrench in my tool box and knew that would give me just the support I needed. It wasn't fun getting it into the wood trim, but I managed to do it and now, this area is FINALLY perfect. The plant-which I really never thought fit the theme-is gone and I could not love the finished product more!!!







So a few more projects finally put to bed. Don't have another on the front burner right now but we do have a lot of very busy days ahead of us. Lots of family involved and memories to be made. Can't wait to share. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment