decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The "Bug" Has Hit Our House!!

That would be the spring cleaning bug!! Yep! AFTER I finished my spring decorating-don't even ask me why I do it in this order...I will not be able to tell you. I guess it is just because I am always in such a hurry to see the new decor. I always Pledge and Windex all surfaces as I take down old and put up new...but, the most I usually do to the floors is Swiffer or vacuum. Today I awoke to a gorgeous spring day and decided that ALL floors needed a good cleaning-the "on your hands and knees" kind of cleaning-along with all of the woodwork as well. I will probably only get the family room and sun room done today and then will try to tackle the wood floors tomorrow.


I LOVE the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finally tackle things from top to bottom! It won't stay clean long but I will enjoy it as long as it lasts!


 And, look what came my way the other day. Inside that very long, heavy box is the hardware for the barn doors that we will soon be installing over the "laundry area". There have been bi-fold doors on this area since we enclosed this room and they a real pain in the neck-sometimes literally- as they are always slipping off of their track when I am folding clothes. I am SOOOO looking forward to being able to simply slide the doors one way or the other. My son-in-law put some up at his house so I am enlisting his expertise and muscle to help with this project. I thought I could do it all by myself but when my daughter mentioned the possibility of having to saw through the very wide and strong rod to shorten it a bit, I decided to call in some help!

I have changed my mind a few times but now think I want a bit of a more "tailored" looking door as opposed to the barn door style that I had originally planned.


Thinking of something like this minus the glass. The plans are to construct the doors and then "shabby chic" them up...should be fun.

And, along the lines of finally moving forward, we are off on Friday to pick the rest of the surfaces and hardware for the master bath renovation. I am getting excited but will believe it is really happening when I finally see the blue tub and tile out! My daughter has promised to let me help in the demo-sledge hammer included- so I will soon mark another "first" off of my list. I have wanted to knock down a wall of tile ever since I started watching home improvement shows so it is about to really happen!

Spring pictures coming after I finish cleaning. Stay tuned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment