decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Now You See It...

...now you don't I was hoping that would be my theme for today but, alas, it is not meant to be! As soon as we were done with the kids' St. Pat's weekend, my plans were to become a "quick change artist" (in the decor sense of the word) and start getting St. Pat's down - even though it is still a few days away - and get up Easter so that it would be up long enough for us to enjoy it. But, my A/C unit had other plans for me!! The compressor decided to stop working and as soon as our temperature inside hit 82 degrees, so did I! So, no Easter going up today. But, as long as I don't move, I am tolerating it pretty well and help will be here first thing in the morning.

All that being said, we did get to celebrate before things "fell apart". Of course we always start with the obligatory dress-up pictures.


My brother and sister-in-law came down to enjoy the fun also.


We got a bit of a late start thanks to football sign-up so we started with lunch. We kept it simple and went with leprechaun sandwiches, rainbow fruit kabobs and chips.


I think Aunt Cyndi won for the most creative leprechaun.


Then we were off to our projects. First up was the napkin decoupage plates. I love this craft because the kids just decoupage a design ripped from the face of a napkin onto the back of a clear glass plate. Then, this time, we simply glued on a full piece of matching tissue paper to fill in the uncovered areas. A simple trim up and light coat of sealer is all that is needed once it is dry. I have done these plates with all of my grand children and a number of different age scout troops and we have never had a fail! 



 
As the plates were drying, we moved onto the green chocolate chip cookies that we were going to use to fill the plates and present as gifts.



Even though green may not be what comes to mind when you think of chocolate chip cookies, these have mint extract in the dough and we used mint chips so they are extra yummy!


Next, we were on to our shirts. I decided to let them do them just as they did their Valentine shirts-which were a big hit. Super simple cookie cutter prints and then paint ball splatters for the boys-Presley passed on this option once again.




We always have to find time to fit in some games-this time it was St. Pat's "Minute-to-Win-It" and St. Pat's Bingo-kind of amazing how the Skittles bowl of markers kept getting smaller and smaller.


Dinner was our command performance of rainbow spaghetti, pot o'gold garlic bread and broccoli with mint chip ice cream and cookies for dessert.






And once again, we did a scavenger hunt. These kids are getting too smart. No matter how tricky I try to be with the clues, they fly through this in no time! I'll really have to get sneaky next year!!

 

We all had a really fun time despite the heat in the house. I truly can't believe St. Patrick's Day is over-at least in my decor-and I will be moving on to Easter tomorrow-A/C unit willing. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment