decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

They Know Me So Well!

I know I have mentioned this before, but I truly think my kids know me better than I know myself. Sometimes they can tell "what I like" better than I can. And so it is with some of my recent gifts. The vintage St. Pat's stand-up from daughter #2 could not be more perfect and is definitely something I would have bought myself and then, yesterday, I got a text and daughter #3 asked if she and the kids could run by after school. I figured they were coming by with my birthday gift but when they arrived and presented me with a pretty gift bag, they were sure to let me know that this wasn't my birthday present but my Easter present.

My daughter quickly explained that she had seen something that "looked" like me and since it was Easter themed, she knew I would rather receive it before the big day so that I could actually enjoy using it this year...how right she is!


I LOVE this gift!


I'm not big on the "cutesy" Easter stuff but I LOVE the muted colors of these towels.


And the chips and vintage feel of this goodie holder just truly speak to me. Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most. I love both of these "things", but the part that tugs at my heartstrings is the fact that my kids just know me so well and go to the trouble to make me feel special even on days of no special significance!


As I think I have mentioned, we are a family of birthday "milkers"...we will celebrate wherever, whenever and for however long. And so, it just seems right that I started celebrating last weekend with daughter #2 and her family, last night with dinner out with my hubby, today by doing pretty much JUST what I want and being waited on hand over foot, tomorrow with lunch out with daughter #3 and then down in St. Pete with daughter #1 and her family and my brother and sister-in-law this weekend. As I told my friend, by the time I get done celebrating this one, it will almost be time for my next birthday! Ha-ha. Off I go for some more fun. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment