decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 28, 2016

Whirlwind!!

The last ten days are a bit of a blur but full of so many wonderful memories! We had a house full of family, grand dogs, travel, eating, celebrating, laughing, watching movies and talking-yes, always LOTS of talking where this group is concerned.

We made one day trip to Micanopy. We ate at my favorite little restaurant and then ambled through the shops. Since Kris is still doing reno on her house, she was thrilled to find a lot of windows that had recently been removed from a building that we all remember from UF. Of course, that was a no-brainer. She also found a beautiful set of china for her newly renovated dining room. Of course once the deal was done, we had to come up with some "innovative" ideas for getting home!


 
Our family motto has always been "where there's a will, there's a way"...at least when it comes to getting home things we probably shouldn't have bought but did! Once I traveled home from Atlanta with service for 12 Pfalttzgraf Christmas china on my lap, under my feet and everywhere else we could cram it-BTW, I wasn't driving. I also carried a heavy, metal sundial all over the city of Boston! And believe me, those are just the first two that come to mind-there have been many! Now that I am seeing my "children" doing the same thing, that old adage about the apple falling from the tree rings truer and truer!

We went up to Gainesville a day early to visit with that bunch and I got to do another "first" in my life-I took a one hour yoga class with my daughter, grand daughter and sister-in-law. I think I did an OK job and I really enjoyed it. My biggest problem was clearing my head to relax as I am always thinking about what I have to do next! Might need more work on the "relaxing" part.


The Easter bunny gave me just one more reminder that I am getting old when the girls' baskets this year were full of essentials and money and nary a candy in sight! How's a Nana supposed to steal a Reeses peanut butter egg?


Nana and Papa got the kids distracted with some Easter "Minute-to-Win-It" games while the bunny did his magic and hid the eggs.



Thanks to Pinterest, everyone was kept occupied for the time needed. I love these games because "kids" of all ages can play and the playing field is pretty even-sometimes, age even helps.


And they're off!





We missed daughter #1 and her family but were glad we had last week to visit with them. We just got home and it is time for some heavy duty spring cleaning but first it is time for the spring decorating. Easter to spring is my easiest transition as it mostly involves taking down the bunnies and colored eggs and adding back in some birds, nests and garden items. Can't wait. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment