decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 25, 2015

Life Keeps Interrupting!

I thought I would be done by now but, you know, life keeps getting in the way. I NEED full days to get all of our Halloween up and full days at home are few and far between...and that is a GOOD thing-usually! This has been the week of hair appointments (both hubby and I), doctor appointments and lovely, unexpected breaks. This is autumn in its full glory-except where Mother Nature is concerned-it is still HOT but every now and then a slight, noticeable difference in air temperature drifts by and keeps me hopeful-which means lots of sports for the kids. Saturday we had a soccer game for Hud, this week we will have both soccer and football and yesterday we got to pick the kids up from school and take them to their favorite yogurt shop and watch them build their own, individual yogurt confections. It was so nice to just sit and talk with them about school, sports and their thoughts on life in general-as I said, a lovely, unexpected break.

We are also waiting until this weekend to do the outside of the house. My family and friends all know that the inside is decorated already but I don't feel the need to try to explain to my neighbors and passers-by why we have the only house in 100 square miles that is already ready for a holiday still more than a month away-ahhh, if they only knew. Soon I will be sitting back and enjoying while they are just getting started. I will have time to stop and smell the "pumpkins"-haha.

But, I am ready to show you one room-the others are almost all decorated but need a bit a tweaking. Sit back and get cozy-many photos to come.


 Welcome to our living room.


I was hoping my new console would give me more decorating room but, alas, it does not. I do still love my Grandin Road sign knock-off that I made last year.



Any visiting witches can borrow my recipes for potions...


...or perhaps a fail-proof spell.


I am always amazed at this witch every time I bring her out. I am not a doll person. On a normal day, I don't think I would even look twice at her. But, for whatever reason, on that day...in one of my favorite little decor boutiques in Alachua...that witch spoke to me and I spent way more than I should have for her...but, I did! And I haven't regretted it once! She is full of braiding, lace, ribbons, twine, charms and oh so many, many more minute details! I think I see something I have never seen before every year when I bring her out!


I still love the coven picture hanging on the hook I made as gifts a few years back. This year I added another key-you never know just how many secret places a witch has to open!



I know this table is "busy" but I still love the pictures of all of our crazy gang in costume at all of our parties over the years!



I love my vintage pillows but my favorite is the "BOO" pillow made for me by my cousin because she knows I love all things "Bethany Lowe". I really think it is one of my favorite gifts of all time!



I actually have forgotten to use these cages the last few years. Somehow, I not only remembered to use them but I remembered where I had put them-quite a coup with my memory these days. It is hard to see in this picture, but that is a large raven up there "taking it all in".















So that is the living room this year. It never quite looks in pictures as it looks in real life. It is a hard room to photograph because of all of the glass and mirrors and maybe it doesn't present as well when you can't see the candles flickering or smell the pumpkin fragrance. I guess you really need the sights, sounds, smells and colors-oh the colors-of Halloween. Much more to come. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment