decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 23, 2015

"Welcome"...Again...

...and, anew!

Remember how I tell you that sometimes I approach something I have had in my house forever and suddenly, I see it through "new" eyes-the way a visitor who had never been here before might view it. That is what happened when I approached my front door the other day. In my defense, I don't enter the house often through the front door. I usually come in through the garage. All of a sudden, I saw this:


This arrangement serves as my Easter door welcome. Usually I add a few Easter eggs and then pull them out when I switch to "spring". I have been thinking about doing a new Easter arrangement for a few years but just haven't gotten to it yet. But, why I left it for spring, I don't know. I don't have any pastel colors left in my house so why are they still on my front door?



One quick trip to Michaels and the problem was fixed. I grabbed the last two green hydrangeas and had to settle for the white daisies, but I am O.K. with that. Then, I found the spool of burlap ribbon that I had gotten from one of their dollar bins some time ago and I was done. I am not a flower arranger, but this was pretty much a no- brainer! And, it gives you a hint of what you will find when you enter the house...welcome....and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment