decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 11, 2015

"I Love a Project"!

I am a happy camper. Once again I have a project in the works and since it is for a holiday, all the better.

This is an idea I have had for awhile but then serendipity kicked in and it is finally coming together. This project requires ball feet and I couldn't find any I liked up until now. Then I found the antique ball feet at the Fancy Flea as I posted previously and the project went from the back burner to a "go". I made a quick stop at Lowes this morning for a little bit more wood but for the most part, I had everything else around the house.


Boy, on days like this, I sure wish we still had our little workshop. We used to have one at the end of our screened porch that we used a lot! Then, I got the brilliant idea to enlarge and enclose the porch to make it a sunroom and then hubby got the brilliant idea to turn our storage area and workshop into a nice home office for him. And so we did...and I am now doing all of my "shop" work on the floor of the garage. Wouldn't be a problem except that getting up after being on the cement floor for awhile is getting harder and harder as I get older and older...but, I digress!

So, if you peruse Pinterest at all, you probably know where I am going with this...(spoiler alert!! If you are on my gift list and you like a surprise, you might want to look away now!)

 This image came from the Etsy store of Sibley Wood Shop in case you would simply like to purchase some of your own.

 
I've got them all ready for painting except the hole in the very top. My drill is acting up and since this is really old wood, I am anticipating it being very hard. I think I will have a hard time with this so I am thinking of enlisting a son-in-law's help...we shall see. I can't wait to get to the detail work and see how they look. Shouldn't be long now. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment