decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 22, 2015

The "Cheap" Comes Out Expensive

I like that quote. I find it true often when I "fudge" just a little to buy something that is "sort of" like the real thing...but then falls apart way sooner than the real thing ever would. There are times to buy the "real" things: mattresses, furniture, shoes, etc....and, times when a "copy" might be just as good if you aren't expecting to use it forever!

Of course, in this case, none of the above applies. I have been posting recently about how much fun I have had spending money that isn't mine as I help my daughters redecorate their homes. I love to shop and I love to decorate so when I can do them both-at no cost to me- all the better!

But, I did find that some of the places we shopped had things I just couldn't pass up - hence, my cheap experience came out "expensive" since I would be paying for these. I already showed you my new piece of furniture. I love it but I don't like big, empty spaces. And so, when I saw this large basket on a recent shopping trip with the girls, I couldn't walk away. And, it was marked down so far they were almost paying me to take it off of their hands. I really wasn't sure it would work under the new chest but I really didn't care. I would find somewhere for it to go. The girls did their best to dissuade me-mostly I think because they knew this sucker would take up valuable trunk room meaning less room for their goodies, but I persisted! What do you think?




The thing that really blows my mind is that both the basket and the closet area in the chest are still EMPTY. That is unheard of in our house and just goes to remind me how busy we have been. So many possibilities, so little time. I can't wait to get these spaces filled up. Actually, I think the basket still has its price tag hanging off of the back. Oh well, summer is almost here and there will be lots of time to catch up on the little things! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment